Host a Corporate BBQ
Hosting a Corporate BBQ for St Mary’s House of Welcome’s service users is not only a great team-building exercise for your work group, but it’s a powerful, socially responsible immersion experience guaranteed to get you thinking about the way you view homelessness and the people it effects.
The day begins at 10am with a briefing and induction and then, under the guidance and direction of St Mary’s house of Welcome staff, you will prepare and serve a BBQ lunch for up to 150 members of the community. Then, after a quick clean up, you will have the chance to debrief, ask questions and reflect on what you have seen and heard throughout the day.A contribution of $700 from your group will provide lunch for up to 150 people who are homeless, and help support the essential program work of St Mary’s House of Welcome.
- Bookings are available two Wednesdays a month.
- Available for groups of up to eight corporate team members
- Four hours in duration – 10am – 2pm
Benefits to your team include:
- The satisfaction and joy which comes from preparing and serving a nutritious and delicious lunch for up to 150 people who are homeless
- Participation in a life-enriching immersion experience
- Learning about the reality of homelessness and sleeping rough in Melbourne
- Learning about both the history and current work of St Mary’s House of Welcome
- Opportunity to chat to service users about their stories and experiences in an informal environment
- Providing an opportunity for social inclusion for people who usually feel isolated and marginalised
- A powerful team-building exercise that will remain with your work group long after the day has ended.
To register your interest, or to learn more, email email@example.com
“The best part of the day was speaking with the clients who were incredibly warm and welcoming…It was fantastic!” – Laura, RCHF
“I loved working with the food and being able to share that experience with the House of Welcome clients….(It was) really well coordinated. I’d love to come back!” – Dorani
“The best part of the day was serving a man who told me he couldn’t remember the last time he had eaten meat… Just being there was humbling and the service provided to clients was exceptional. This should be a regular event for all corporate groups. I will tell clients and friends to be part of it.” – Rob, Westpac