In January, assessors from QIP spent three days at St Mary’s House of Welcome to conduct an accreditation assessment against the Human Services Standards and the National Mental Health Service Standards.
St Mary’s came through the process with flying colours, meeting all of the required standards and meeting several standards of service that we did not submit!
The auditors gave St Mary’s House of Welcome several commendations including:
- – Welcoming atmosphere and ethos – outstanding
- – Early intervention regarding critical incidents
- – Successful advocacy of NDIS issues
- – Remarkable success in fundraising regarding processes and standards
- – Service user consultation and input
- – Volunteer engagement process
- – Long-term work with clients as opposed to fast throughput
- – And a very positive staff culture
This great result is in no small part due to the commitment of staff and volunteers to the work we do at St Mary’s and the dedication to assisting our service users.