The Volunteer Coordinator is a full-time or a part-time job share position (38 hours per week). The VC is required to recruit, welcome, train, support and coordinate the activities of volunteers, including client volunteers.
The Volunteer Coordinator will also contribute to maximising client participation and representation in all areas of activity at St Mary’s House of Welcome.
Additionally, the Volunteer Coordinator, will work collaboratively with the Services Manager and the fundraising team in attracting and engaging corporate volunteering and participation.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- To manage the participation of volunteers at SMHOW including recruitment, selection, training, supervision and support according to the SMHOW Policies & Applications Manual and the Volunteer Coordinator’s Manual.
- To facilitate and support the participation of volunteers in the life and activities at the Centre according to the SMHOW Volunteers Manual/Handbook.
- To develop and document a strategy for the engagement of new volunteers, including client volunteers.
- To provide supervision and support to volunteers in the dining room during meal times, including supervision of the lunch-time meal daily. (The Centre currently provides up to 100 breakfast and 100 lunch time meals daily).
- To manage a team of up to 150 regular volunteers and to maintain a volunteer roster; to recruit volunteers for events and to assist with corporate engagement.
- To encourage student participation by liaison with secondary schools and universities.
- To develop and foster a spirit of community at St. Mary’s House of Welcome that builds on the skills and knowledge of staff, clients and volunteers.
- Develop and implement programs that will enhance the abilities of clients to exercise more control over their lives and to initiate activities that meet their own needs.
- Be present and available to the people who come to the House of Welcome and treat those who seek our help in a courteous and non-judgmental manner.
- Assist in the general functioning of the centre through combined effort with the Centre team.
- Maintain the confidentiality of clients and volunteers through the safe storage of files and by respecting and honoring the stories that people share about themselves.
- Participate in meetings as required and contribute to the support structures for staff within St. Mary’s.
- Collect relevant data, as specified by the CEO, as required and fulfill administrative requirements as determined from time to time, particularly the recording of statistics required for reports to funding bodies and monthly report to the CEO; and Manage the Volgistics database
- To facilitate client participation and representation in the life and activities of the Centre.
Applications should be forwarded to the Chief Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include:
- A copy of your current CV; and
- A cover letter explaining how you fill the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above. Applicants who do not provide the cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Tuesday 30th January 2018