Each day, St Mary’s House of Welcome helps around 200 people who are experiencing chronic homelessness, poverty and mental illness.
We rely on the generosity of individuals, schools, corporate and community groups, along with philanthropic grants and donations, to fund around 40 per cent of our vital programs – including our meal service, amenities and social support activities.
That’s why we need your help. We simply couldn’t do it without you.
There are so many ways for members of the community to be involved, from becoming a monthly donor, signing up as a corporate sponsor, making a cash donation, volunteering or coming along to one of St Mary’s House of Welcome’s fundraising events.
There’s something for everyone!
However you choose to get involved, you’ll be making an enormous difference it the life of a person who is experiencing homelessness.
- Donate money: a simple and effective way to help
- Donate goods: we regularly need things like groceries, clothing, toiletries, books or auction items and prizes for fundraising events
- Write to your local member (Email our fundraising team for templates. )
- Speak up on Facebook or Twitter (@stmaryshow)
- Arrange a group of friends to attend a fundraising event
- Talk to your workplace about our Corporate BBQ program, or workplace sponsoring of an event
- Organise a food collection at your workplace or school
- Do a fun run or other charity event and ask your friends to sponsor you to donate to help people who are homeless through St Mary’s House of Welcome
- For Christmas or your next birthday, ask friends to donate to help people who are homeless through St Mary’s House of Welcome instead of giving gifts
- Check out our fundraising merchandise and support us by buying gifts for you or a friend